- Start: October 20, 2018 7:00 pm
- End: October 20, 2018 9:00 pm
The evening of satire in music in conjunction with satirical illustrations by Igor Karash.
Explore the unserious side of the serious Russian composers!
In the program:
- Presentation by Igor Karash of his illustration series “In Red and Black”;
- Cantata “Anti-Formalist Rayok” by Dmitri Shostakovich;
- Five pieces for piano “Sarcasms” by Sergei Prokofiev
Performers: Mikhail Smigelski, bass-baritone, Tali Morgulis, piano, Alisiya Boiko, piano
Mikhail Smigelski is a brilliant opera singer. He is working towards his Doctoral degree in opera vocal performance at the University of Texas at Austin.
Israeli-American concert pianist Tali Morgulis delivers vivid, imaginative programs to an ever-growing international audience. Dr. Morgulis serves as Associate Professor of Piano at the University of Houston’s Moores School of Music.
Alisiya Boiko is the student of Tali Morgulis at the Moores School of Music.